What's harder to kill?
What Disinfectant Works Best?
Preventing the spread of viruses* and bacteria** at home is an important way to protect the health of your family. The cold and flu season combined with the COVID-19 pandemic makes it especially important to use disinfecting products that are effective in killing viruses and bacteria quickly.
Nice ’N CLEAN® Disinfecting Wipes are proven to kill 99.9% of viruses* and bacteria**, including the COVID-19 virusɸ in 3 minutes.
Share this Image On Your Site
Be sure to follow these four steps to ensure you are using your disinfecting products correctly in the fight against COVID-19 and other coronaviruses:
- Check that your product is EPA-approved. Check to see if it is on the EPA’s list N of approved disinfectants.
- Read the directions on the label. Follow the product’s directions and confirm the surface types the product is safe to use on.
- Pre-clean the surface. If the surface is visibly dirty, first wash it with soap and water.
- Follow the contact time. It specifies how long the surface must remain wet to ensure the product is effective.
- Before using disinfecting wipes, remove soil, grease, and dirt with hot water and soap.
- Read the product label to make sure you are using the right disinfecting wipe for your surface.
- Check the moisture level of the disinfecting wipes to make sure they’re not dried out.
- Wipe from top to bottom of your surface, making sure to leave the area wet and shiny.
- Let the surface area air dry for the correct contact time as specified on the product label.
- Throw away used disinfecting wipes in the trash. Never flush down the toilet.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using disinfecting wipes.
- Light and lamp switches
- Remote controls
- Door handles
- Appliance handles and knobs
- Keypads of microwave, oven, and dishwasher
- Computer mouse
- Kitchen counters
- Backsplash tiles
- Stove surface and knobs
- Refrigerator exterior and handles
- Dishwasher exterior and buttons
- Oven exterior and handle
- Microwave oven exterior, handle, and keypad
- Trash can
- Shower walls
- Bathroom tiles
- Vanity counter
- Trash can
- Drawer handles
- Headboard and bedframe
- Coffee table
- Side table
- Remote control
- Tables and chairs
- Storage bins
- Toy chests
- Hard, plastic toys (rinse with potable water after disinfecting)
*Effective against common cold virus caused by Coronavirus and common flu virus caused by Influenza A H3N2 Virus
**Effective against Escherichia coli (E. coli), Salmonella enterica (Salmonella), Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Listeria monocytogenes (Listeria), Streptococcus pyogenes (Strep), Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
ɸKills SARS-CoV-2 on hard, nonporous surfaces